Don’t know How to Use ES File Explorer? Don’t worry. Here is the complete information about ES File Manager usage on Android/iOS/PC. ES File Explorer is a multi-featured app that explores smartphones, PCs, and Macs by leveraging FTP, LAN, and Bluetooth. Most of the people think that this application is a regular File Manager. But it contains all the basic file management options along with cloud storage, application manager, FTP client, etc. Let’s dig into this article to know the features of ES File Explorer File Manager and How to Use ES File Explorer Android.
By using ES File Explorer app, you can set a high-security password for the files, images, etc. Also, it allows you to transfer the files between two Android devices using wifi. Another excellent feature of ES File Manager is you can Extract APK from the installed apps. Like these benefits, there were numerous features for the ES File Explorer File Manager APK Latest Version. Just go through the below list of features and How to Use ES File Explorer Android.
>>>> More On: ESFile Explorer APK <<<<
ES File Explorer Manager Features
- Quick file transfer between two Android Devices.
- SD Card Analysis.
- File compressions and Extractions.
- Uninstall Multiple Apps.
- Save files to cloud storage platforms such as Dropbox and Google Drive.
- File invisibility just by renaming.
- Rename files.
- Battery Optimisation.
- Delete Pattern lock on Rooted Android.
- Edit host files.
- Transfer files to a computer using WiFi.
- Use ES File Explorer as a Browser.
- Hide Media from the gallery.
- Delete files.
- Mount Pen drive on Rooted Android.
- Browse Android Files from PC.
- Extract content from any Android App.
- Encrypt/ Decryption of files and folders.
- Delete Pre-installed Apps.
- Extract APK from installed apps.
- Make Encrypted files with Password protection.
>>>> Don’t Miss: Download ES File Explorer on Android <<<<
How to Use ES File Explorer?
The ES File Explorer app is user-friendly. Because it has some similarities in the features of File Explorer for Windows. Also, you don’t need any complicated setup. In the upper section of the app, you will see the icons of Images, Movies, Documents, Music, and Apps. Beside every icon, you can also view the storage occupied in that particular folder. The ES File Manager has some shortcuts for accessing tools, network related tools, bookmarks, etc.
On sliding the toolbar from left to right, there will be 5 interesting sections.
- Favorite Section: It has a built-in app that lets you browse Facebook, Google Services, and YouTube.
- Network Section: In this section, you have many options for connecting your Android device to the computer wirelessly.
- Library: You can browse images, movies, documents, videos, and other apps stored on your device.
- Local Section: It lets you explore the device SD card storage to modify and organize the files and folders.
- Tools Section: You will find useful tools such as SD card analyst, recycle bin, download manager, music layer, etc.
When you slide the toolbar from right to left, the following options will be available.
- A Window Manager Page: Here, you can create/close a new window, manage default window, clipboard settings.
- Bottom Section: You can see a toolbar where you can manage windows, do an advanced search, create a new folder/file, FTP connections, etc.
These are the options available in the ES File Manager. Let’s check the ES app Features and How to Use ES File Explorer.
How to use ES File Explorer to transfer files through SFTP and LAN?
- Domain: Leave empty.
- UserName: Type the name of Windows user account.
- Password: Enter the password to sign in your window.
- Server: Enter Server Address.
To initiate file transfer via SFTP, follow the below process.
- First of all, Open the Android device.
- Go to Network >>FTP >> SFTP.
- Now, you have to enter the following details.
- Server: Enter the address available in the settings of Remote Login.
- Enter Username and Password.
- Port: 22.
- Encoding: Auto.
- Display As: Enter any name as per your interest.
- Click on “OK”.
How to Search Files in ES File Explorer Latest Version?
Due to a lot of files, images on our SD Card, searching the particular file may be difficult and takes a long time. To make the searching process easy, ES File Explorer is designed with a search option. When you tap on the search and enter the name, you will get related searches. You can also search files by category such as videos, documents, audios, etc. In case, if you don’t find the particular file, go for the advanced search. In the advanced search, you can locate files just by entering size and date.
How to Acess Computer/ Laptop from Android using WiFi?
- In order to browse computer for Android, you have to install ESFile Explorer APK on Android device.
- Now, open ES File Explorer and swipe the screen from left to right.
- Go to fast access menu >> Network >> LAN >> Scan.
- Now, you will get a computer name on the display,
- Tap on it.
- Enter the login credentials and then you can access the computer from android mobile.
>>>> Related: How to use ESFile Explorer to access PC <<<<
How to Use ES File Explorer APK to Browse Android from PC?
- Firstly, open ES File Explorer App.
- Navigate to Network >> Remote Manager >> Turn ‘ON’.
- If the service starts, you will get an ES File Explorer on FTP URL.
- Now, enter it on any of the computer browsers.
- Then, you can browse and access the content on Android SD Card from your PC/Laptop.
To browse Android from PC, make sure that the two devices must be connected to same Wifi network or not.
Steps to Manage & Browse Photos from other Album
- ESFile Explorer lets you, to manage and browse the videos and pictures stored on the Social Networks like Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, etc. To do this, you have to select Library >> Images.
- Then, tap on “Address Bar” for changing the location from Local to Net.
- Now, click on New Account.
How to Hide Media from Gallery using ESFile Explorer?
Most people want to hide their personal pictures, videos from Gallery. For that, they need to rename the folder by adding full stop before the file name.
- For Example: Rename the Whatsapp Images on the SD Card to —–> “.Whatsapp_images”.
Delete Pattern Lock on Rooted Android
- Usually, the Android Lock Pattern is stored as “gesture.key”.
- It is available on Local >> Device >> Data >> System.
- Then, you can disable the pattern.
How to Transfer Files between two Android devices?
- Primarily, ensure that the two Android devices are connected to the same WiFi network or not. Otherwise, create a hotspot.
- Then, Install ES File Explorer Manager.
- Now, select the files which you want to transfer.
- Click on Send option.
- Then, all the Android devices list will be displayed.
- Select the appropriate device >> Tap to send.
How to use ES File Explorer to create Zip Files on Android?
Most of the users may not know How to Create Zip Files using ES File Explorer. You can easily compress several files into a Zip file by using the ES File Explorer. For storing a number of files on Android, it’s better to compress the files for saving the storage space. You can use this technique for saving the important information while sharing the data. Once you start creating Zip files on Android, there is no need to rely on PC.
Create Encrypted Files with Password Protection
In general, the Android devices have a lot of security options, like passwords, visual pattern locks to prevent others from accessing your device. If you need high security for your personal files, Encryption is a good choice. You can encrypt the files and folders with a high-security password with the help of ES File Explorer File Manager. When you encrypt the files, the content will be hidden automatically from the gallery.
Note: Don’t forget the password because it’s very difficult to retrieve the password back.
How to Use Es File Explorer to Perform Basic File Operations (Copy/Cut/Paste)
The ES File Explorer Manager has the best clipboard. By using that clipboard, you can copy, paste the files and folders several times.
- Select Files >> Press Copy / Cut on toolbar.
After selecting the files, choose the destination path to paste the file. After you copy, press “Window” button. Then, click on Clipboard option to see the files stored in it.
How to Edit Host Files on Android with ES File Explorer Pro?
If you want to block the websites, edit the files by mapping the website to localhost. To edit the files, follow the below steps.
- Select host files.
- Choose More.
- Open as a text file.
Now, you can edit host file by using ES Note Editor and keep a localhost IP address.
How to Use ES File Explorer File Manager as Web Browser?
An Excellent feature of the ESFile Explorer Manager is it can be used as a web browser. This application has built-in apps such as Facebook, Google, YouTube, etc. Of course, it may not be a substitute for original Facebook. You can use multiple accounts. Otherwise, you can uninstall original Facebook and use Facebook in ES File Manager.
Extract content from Android Applications
By using this ES File Explorer, you can extract apk of the games on your android device. Simply follow the above procedure for extracting apk. Then, you will get two files. Generally, the pictures and Music files are found. Now, you can extract content i.e., images, wallpapers, games, etc very easily.
How to Extract APK from Apps using ESFile Explorer?
- First of all, open the application.
- Navigate to Quick Access Menu >> Library >> Apps.
- Tap on all the apps which you want to extract .apk files.
- Now, click on “Backup” option from the bottom Menu.
Sorting Files/ Folders and Change Icon Size
Do you want to change the view of Icon or sort files and folders? Don’t worry. The ES File Explorer Manager lets you sort the file/folders. Just you have to click on the View option available at the bottom of the toolbar. Now you can choose either big icon or small according to your interest.
How to Use ESFile Explorer to Set Ringtone?
- Primarily, open the ES File Explorer app.
- Go to Music.
- Now, play the song which you want to set ringtone.
- At the right top corner, you will find three dots.
- Click on it and then select “set as ringtone”.
>>>> Must read: ES File Explorer iOS <<<<
Steps to Change Folder Properties on ES File Explorer File Manager
If you are using a Rooted Android Device, you can alter the folder properties by using the Root Explorer option available on the ESFile Explorer.
- Firstly, slide the toolbar from left.
- Now, Open Tools >> Root Explorer.
- Then, Select “Mount R/W” to Mount system files as R/W.
- Choose system folder.
- Click on “properties” for changing permissions.
How to Mount USB drive on Rooted Android Device
Mostly, we use USB Connector for charging and to transfer files. It takes a long time to transfer photo, videos, movies to the laptop. But there is no need to wait for such long time. Just, plug in the pen drive and then watch the movie. For that, you must have a physical USB OTG (On-the-Go) cable with a male micro USB connector-to-female full-size USB port, rooted Android device.
For mounting pen drive, you have to install stick mounts on the root Android device first. Next, connect USB end of OTG cable to the pen drive and USB to android. If it is connected correctly then the app will pop an Alter box.
How to Use ES File Explorer to Transfer Files from PC to Android?
- Firstly, choose the folder/files which you want to share files.
- Right-click on the file and tap on properties >> Sharing >> Share.
- Now, a window will open which asks you to share the file with single user or group.
- Choose “Everyone” and tap Ok.
- Then, launch ES File Explorer on your Android device.
- Tap Menu button (three lines) >> Network >> LAN.
- Next, click on New and fill the necessary boxes that the app demands.
- For that, you have to obtain the IP Address of your PC.
- Leave the Domain Name box empty, and you need to fill the rest of the boxes.
- Click on ok.
- Now, you can share files from or to PC just by copy/paste the required file/folder.
Save Files to DropBox and Google Drive
Another feature that ES File Manager contains is cloud storage. Since it has inbuilt cloud storage, you have no need to install third-party apps. Having this feature, ES File Explorer lets you transfer or move files between SD card and cloud storage very easily and quickly.
>>>> Also, refer: Download Mobdro for Windows <<<<
How to Rename Folder/File?
You can rename the files/folders on your smartphone easily. First of all, go to the particular location where you want to rename the files. Then, tap and press until you get a checkmark in the Folder/File. Later, select the files and click on Rename option. Now, a new window will be opened which shows “Batch Rename” title. At last, you can assign a + number and add the first number. Otherwise, add the name in front of the actual file name.
How to Use ES File Explorer Manager to install Apps as System App?
- Move the APK file as system app folder.
- For moving the apk, you have to copy the clipboard.
- Navigate to Local >> Device >> System >> Apps >> Paste APK.
- Now, change permissions >> choose .apk >> paste >> “More” at the bottom right.
- Then go to Select permission >> change permissions.
By following this procedure, you can install apps very easily.
Steps to Delete Pre-Installed Apps on Rooted System
- Firstly, open ES File Explorer Manager.
- Go to Root Explorer >> Turn it on.
- Click on Root Explorer Name.
- Choose “Uninstall System App” from the Pop Menu.
- Later, a new window opens >> all the system apps will be displayed.
- Select all the apps which you want to uninstall.
- Now, click on Uninstall at the bottom Meu bar.
How To Uninstall Multiple Apps with ES File Explorer/Manager?
- First of all, open the ES File Explorer App.
- Go to Library >> Apps.
- Select all the apps that you want to uninstall.
- Click “Uninstall”.
- Then, the selected applications will be deleted at a time.
>>>> Recommended: ES File Explorer User Guide <<<<
Conclusion on ES File Explorer Manager APK
Hope, this article on How to use ES File Explorer i.e, ES File Explorer user manual helps you to make use the app in an efficient manner. Follow the above info and enjoy every feature of the ES File Explorer App.